Sunday, January 22, 2012

Project Life...


Well thanks to my friends, Kelly and Lindsay, I am taking plunge into Project Life! I will start by saying that I hope that they are still my friends by the time I am "trained" in this new world of digital scrapbooking.




IT IS HARD! I don't know why I am having such a hard time grasping this, it is soo overwhelming to me. I thought maybe it was because I am having to train myself to think outside of my "normal" scrapbook life, I have been doing paper scrapbooking for years and finally feel like I got that down, now I am learning a whole new way to capture the memories of our life.


I have chosen to do a book for Mason before his high school graduation. If you remember from last year I did one for Rachel too. Last year though, I went to a weekend scrapbooking retreat and cranked out almost her entire book; I basically ate, slept, and breathed her book for a few days and got it finished. I am starting earlier on Mason's but with a whole new process to learn.




I also wonder if I'm struggling because I am trying to re-create a life of 17+ years into this book. I am having to dig through tubs of pics to find what I need and ask for photos from other people because I wasn't Mason's mom from day one, I have pics of him from age 6 and up. I also have a hard time choosing his pics from that early age because I wasn't there, I don't know why the photo was taken or what the memory is that goes with it, I don't know if I am choosing the right photos for the right reasons. Hmmmmmm, uggghhhh, I am struggling!




I also am fighting with the "old fashioned" photos, remember when they were printed on 3x5 instead of 4x6? Well I am scanning them all into my computer and wow! they are little things that I now have to try to fit into the squares. Hmmmmmmm!




I know I am sounding really negative, but I am VERY excited! Just scared to death. :) I will figure this out, I know I will.




I spent a few hours with Kelly today, getting some valuable lessons and have started putting them to use and actually finished a title page and the first layout for Mason's book. I am hoping, and Kelly and Lindsay are promising that once I get the hang of it, I will be moving along much faster, I sure hope so or I won't have his book done until Mason's kids are finishing high school.




So, here are my first finished pages. I will see if I still love them tomorrow, if not... the great thing about digital is that I can fix them, right?




So a big thank you to Lindsay and Kelly. I promise to stop bothering you soon, not real soon, but soon!










1 comment:

  1. okay, first of all, these pages are AWESOME! Seriously, they're so good. I can't believe how good they look for being your first time. So glad you're doing this.

    Second, who is that random mexican dude that follows your blog?

    Third, it will get easier as you get used to it. Consider a tablet and pen to make it even easier if you're willing to invest a bit more.

    Fourth, you're such a sweet stepmom. He's going to love this book for so long. There's really no wrong way to put it together. It's really the love that goes into putting it together that makes it special.

    Fifth, call if you need anything or have more questions.

    L

    ReplyDelete